After numerous discussions/arguments between us and Undo Records (if it’s politically correct to release the Cd in this sleeve), “we” decided to release this compilation with unreleased material from our archives. You will find it at our forthcoming concerts (although a very limited quantity will be sold through Undo Records store from June 1st).
Some of the tracks are first time released on CD, some other are unreleased, you can find demos, rejected trks and unreleased cover versions.
We sold 60 of them at our gig at Ballyhoo London. All the people who bought the cdrs and gave their email addresses to Lola at the merchandise desk, will receive the factory printed silver CD within the first week of June. You will be noticed by email from the “Undo Records” boys.
The full trk listing:
1. Bizzare Love Duo The B-Side to the ‘Ghost’ 7” single. You can easily hear our Front 242 influence in the bass line. This was originally going to be the A-Side and ‘Ghost’ as the B-Side, but UNDO Records thought differently so the sides were reversed.
2. FischerPrice Undo Records in collaboration with Greek music magazine POP+ROCK, released a CD LM.END_1 with unreleased tracks and exclusive remixes from the UNDO’s archives. Our participation was this track which was inspired by an ironic comment from the internet referring to our music as “music for Fisher-Price toys”.
3. Now And never This was one of the first tracks we recorded for our debut album ‘E-Bay Queen’. Unfortunately we never got around to adding vocals or finishing it, so it remains an instrumental out-take only.
4. Eyes Without A Face Our cover of the Billy Idol classic was meant to surface in 2010 on an 80’s tribute CD which never saw the light of day. The original was one of our favourite songs in the 80’s and we really love this cover of it.
5. Inside This was the first rejected track from our 4th album ‘Inhale’. The working title was Thirteen/True.
6. Do You Feel ? This was the second rejected track from ‘Inhale’. We received many messages asking for it to be included in the new album, the best comment was “it’s like Giorgio Moroder remixes something from Curve’s classic album Doppelgänger, which makes for a superb meeting of synthesizer Disco and Shoegaze”
7. Ghost/Hammer (Smash Up) A superb mash-up that we did for our DJ sets. Fotonovela’s ‘Hammer’ was a hit in Greece and was used for a Nissan Micra TV campaign. It is incredible how well it blends with ‘Ghost’.
8. Empire State Human We did this Human League cover for the Electronically Yours Event (11/10/2007) and played it live there for the first time. It appeared only on the promo CD’s for ‘Peek-A-Boo’. These CD’s were sent to Greek journalists and also given away with initial orders of our second album ‘Peek-A-Boo’ from the UNDO Records store. Remains a live favourite.
9. Sadly After the success of ‘E-Bay Queen’, we took a month off and went on vacation. Returning sun-kissed and relaxed we wrote this track. It was the first track we recorded and finished for ‘Peek-A-Boo’ but also the first track we rejected. As time went by we grew to like it more and more and it finally appeared on the magnificent ‘Electronically Yours’ CD.
10. How Does It Feel ? Tucked away on the ‘Breakthrough Remix EP’, a superb track that Out Of Line wanted to include on our third album ‘Lumineux Noir’, but we decided to keep it back for the remix EP, and now for here.
11. Regret (Version 2) Maybe the last good song from New Order, and one of our favorites by them. Our original cover (Version 1) appeared on ‘Peek-A-Boo’. Again, like ‘Empire State Human’, this version only appeared on the ‘Peek-A-Boo’ Promo CD.
12. She’s Leaving If we had to name one band that has had the biggest influence on our sound it would be Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark. Here is our cover/tribute to a classic track from one of the greatest synth albums of all times ‘Architecture & Morality’. While the version with our vocals and Andy McCluskey’s was premiered through the Official OMD website, this version with just our vocals has never been available anywhere before now.
13. Fly Away Recorded directly after our cover of the Lightning Seeds ‘Pure’, it was never finished until the day that the boys from UNDO Records sent it to the Cosmopolitan magazine editor. She loved it, and it turned into ‘Cosmogirl’ for their TV campaign.
14. Cosmogirl Cosmopolitan magazine TV campaign spot.